I suggest you ...

Differentiate between content viewed versus content proficiency

* Differentiating between whether you have just viewed a unit or if you are actually proficient in it.
* The viewed would be based off of the "mark this unit as complete" that exists in eFront today whereas the proficiency would be based off of Test Question performance for Questions associated to that Unit.

13 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    skippybosco shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • maccaj22 commented  · 

Skippy: that would be a short term solution but I like the idea of being able to generate reports to see how the lesson material is being absorbed and understood at a unit level. In a traditional classroom that would be easy to see on people's faces or through questions or direct feedback. IMO online learning doesn't currently offer an easy feedback system.

• skippybosco commented  · 

@maccaj22: One option that exists in eFront now is the option to require a user to answer a Test question in lieu of "Marking the Unit as Complete".. I wonder if this might be a short term solution for you?

• maccaj22 commented  · 

I've been thinking about something similar to this suggestion in testing a student's proficiency or comprehension of the material.
        Perhaps students could rate their understanding at the end of each unit instead of the "mark this unit as complete" button.

The system could include just three coloured buttons, red for low understanding, orange for average understanding and green for good understanding. Alternatively it could simply be 5 radio buttons, 1 to 5. Inputting an understanding level would automatically mark the unit as complete.

The data could be accessible through a page on the lesson homepage and students could use it to know what to review in the lesson. Professors could use it to rate the effectiveness of their material and if it is being understood. This would help with course continuous improvement.

• skippybosco commented  · 

The original ideas was part of a final review of a lesson a student is presented with a Test that contains a mix of questions from the various units that make up the Lesson. "Proficiency" of a Unit is based on his performance of that test.

* The result would provide a student a guide as to which topics they are weaker at, similar to the "Test Assessment view, but more prominent on their dashboard.

*Allow Professor to create more refined lesson completion rules based on proficiency of a lesson based on unit by unit measurement as opposed to a test.

In retrospect it is not a "must have" for us so certainly post 3.7 unless others in the community find great value in it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base