I suggest you ...

Enhance Chat Room Moderation and Control

* Ability to define, by user type perhaps, who can view, but not submit to a chat.
* Selective ability for Students and Professors to send chat invitations (ie. not be able to send them site wide)
* Administrative ability to selectively delete messages from a chat history. Today I can do this via the database, but exposing via UI would be preferred.
* Administrative ability to clear all chat history. I would has assumed this would be an option in "Initialize Lesson" to selectively clear chat rooms (some or all)
* Auto link URLs (to open in new window)
* Ability to upload files to be shared (linked) to the chat room participants from within the chat experience
* Ability to send images, audio or video that are viewed and played within the chat box.
* Ability to send "active" content that controls the users eFront (example: loading a particular Unit in the center panel) A scenario where this may come together is a Professor doing a live chat instruction, auto changing Students center panel to reflect the relevant content/imagery/examples relevant to the materials being discussed.)
* Ability to "Print" or "Email" chat session

23 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    skippybosco shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Wouter Van Der Toorn commented  · 

I love the simplicity of Meebo chat rooms. Rooms like these should be very helpful in the course-environment. The chat rooms should appear on a proper place in the dashboard (maybe an option to have the room also in the dashboard itself). And an option to undock the room, so you can continue surfing in the learning environment without reloading the chat room.

Feedback and Knowledge Base